About Leopard 2 Tank:
- It is a German made main battle tank.
- Manufacturer: Developed by German weapons manufacturer Krauss-Maffei Wegmann (KMW).
- Leopard was first produced in the late 1990s for the West German army in response to Soviet threats during the Cold War.
- Range: 500km (311 miles)
- Weight: 55 tonne
- Top speed: 68 km/h (42mph).
- Other Features:
- These tanks are armed with a 120mm smoothbore cannon.
- It is also armed with two coaxial light machine guns.
- They also provide “all-round protection” for troops from threats such as mines, anti-tank fire, and improvised explosive devices
- The Leopard 2 tanks are mainly used by the German military. More than a dozen countries in Europe as well as other countries like Canada are also using these tanks.
Q1) What is Arjun Mk-1A ?
It is the new variant of Arjun Tank developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the Indian Army. The tank is equipped with 72 new features and incorporates numerous upgrades on Arjun MBT, the current in-service main battle tank with the Indian Army.