The Rural Development Ministry recently said that ULPIN has been adopted by 26 states and union territories so far.
About Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN):
- It is part of the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP).
- ULPIN or Bhu-Aadhar is a 14-digit identiﬁcation number accorded to a land parcel.
- It would uniquely identify every surveyed parcel of land and prevent land fraud, especially in rural India, where land records are outdated and disputed.
- The identiﬁcation is based on the longitude and latitude coordinates of the land parcel and depends on detailed surveys and geo-referenced cadastral maps.
- It aims to compile every detail pertaining to different properties from across the country.
- ULPIN is a Single, Authoritative Source of Truth for information on any parcel of land or property to provide Integrated Land Services to the citizens as well as all stakeholders.
- Various types of data relating to the landed properties, which are currently under the possession of different ministries and departments, too will be linked with the ULPIN.
Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP):
- It is a central sector scheme being implemented by the Department of Land Resources under the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Aim: It attempts to build upon the commonalities that exist in the arena of land records in various States to develop an appropriate Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS) across the country.
- The ILIMS integrates all the processes and lands records databases with the banks, financial institutions, circle rates, Registration Offices and other sectors.
- Major components: Computerization of land records, Survey/re-survey, Computerization of Registration.
Q1) What is the Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS)?
ILMIS is implemented to enhance the efficiency of the current land services provided by the city government. The system is a centralized, highly secured, and robust Integrated Land Management Information system. This is a potentially transformative solution for the investors as it eases the process to provide a seamless user experience in availing services