India and Japan are all set to hold the joint Air Exercise, 'Veer Guardian-2023' involving the Indian Air Force and Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) at Hyakuri Air Base, Japan from 12th of January.
About 'Veer Guardian-2023’:
- The Joint Exercise which will continue till 26th January aims at promoting Air Defence cooperation between the countries.
- The Indian contingent participating in the air exercise will include four Su-30 MKI, two C-17 and one IL-78 aircraft, while the JASDF will be participating with four F-2 and four F-15 aircraft.
- It will include the conduct of various aerial combat drills between the two Air Forces.
- They will undertake multi-domain air combat missions in a complex environment and will exchange best practices.
- Exercise 'Veer Guardian' will fortify the long-standing bond of friendship and enhance the avenues of defence cooperation between the two Air Forces.
Q1) What is Su-30 MKI?
The Sukhoi Su-30MKI is a multirole combat fighter aircraft jointly developed by the Sukhoi Design Bureau and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF). Based on the Su-30 fighter aircraft, Su-30MKI is equipped with thrust vectoring control and canards.