Recently, in the United Nations, the 2023 Water Conference was held in New York on March 22-24 in which participant members were informed about W12+ Blueprint and its potential.
About W12+ Blueprint:
- It is a UNESCO platform that hosts city profiles and case studies of programs, technologies, and policies that address common water security challenges.
- It is an informational database for solutions to urban water challenges.
- Aim: To create a tool that provides insight into how to address common urban water challenges through easy-to-read case studies.
- Lessons learned from the other W12+ Programs will be incorporated and highlighted within the Blueprint.
- It will house information on best practices, encourage further knowledge exchange, and become a "virtual Hub" for urban water security solutions globally.
- Cities listed under this blueprint from India are Chennai, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Pune.
Q1) What is the mission of UNESCO?
UNESCO's mission is to contribute to the building of a culture of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information