‘Wolf Warrior’ Diplomacy is a term that gained popularity, especially after Xi Jinping became the President of China.
About ‘Wolf Warrior’ Diplomacy:
- It is a tactic for the Chinese government to extend its ideology beyond China and counter the West and defend itself.
- It is an unofficial term for the more aggressive and confrontational style of communication that Chinese diplomats have taken to in the last decade.
- It confronts head-on any criticism of China in the public sphere.
- A 2015 Chinese action film, titled ‘Wolf Warrior’, and its sequel have served as the inspiration for the term.
Need for wolf warrior diplomacy:
- The change in strategy has been attributed to many reasons, such as Xi Jinping’s more authoritarian tendencies as compared to earlier leaders, deteriorating US-China relations under former US President Donald Trump, the coronavirus pandemic-related accusations on China, etc.
Source : Indian Express