World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on January 10.
About World Hindi Day 2023:
- The theme this year for World Hindi Conference is "Hindi – Traditional Knowledge to Artificial Intelligence".
- It was first observed in 2003.
- The day is commemorated every year with the objective to promote use of Hindi language abroad.
- It is also the day when Hindi, India’s national language, was spoken for the first time in the United Nations General Assembly.
- It was on this day in 1975 that the first World Hindi Conference was held in Nagpur.
- Since then, such conferences are organised in different parts of the world every year.
Q1) What is UNGA?
The UN General Assembly (UNGA) is the main policy-making organ of the Organization. Comprising all Member States, it provides a unique forum for multilateral discussion of the full spectrum of international issues covered by the Charter of the United Nations