The Tourism Ministry will undertake a special initiative of 100 Episodes of Mann ki Baat - 100 days of Action through the Yuva Tourism Clubs.
About Yuva Tourism Clubs:
- The Ministry has constituted 30 thousand Yuva Tourism Clubs till May 1, 2023 to nurture and develop young ambassadors of Indian tourism.
- Vision: The vision is to nurture and develop young ambassadors of Indian tourism who would become aware of tourism possibilities in India, appreciate our rich cultural heritage and develop an interest and passion for tourism.
- These young ambassadors will be catalysts for promoting tourism in the country.
- The establishment of Yuva Tourism Clubs was initiated in schools, colleges and Indian Hotel Management institutions in connection with the Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav celebrations.
- The Ministry of Tourism has also proposed to increase the number of Yuva Tourism Clubs to 50 thousand in the next 100 days, starting from May 1, 2023.
- Participation in Tourism Clubs is also expected to facilitate development of soft skills like teamwork, management, leadership besides encouraging adoption of responsible tourism practices and concern for sustainable tourism.
Q1) What is Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav?
Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of the Government of India to commemorate 75 glorious years of progressive India and its rich history, diverse population, magnificent culture and great achievements.