Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors - YUVA 2.0 was launched recently.
- It is a Prime Minister’s scheme for mentoring young authors, and a programme to train young and budding authors below the age of 30 to promote reading, writing, and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
- The ministry of education (MoE) launched the YUVA 2.0 scheme in view of the significant impact of the first edition of the YUVA.
- The first edition witnessed a large-scale participation from young authors in 22 different Indian languages including English.
- It is in tune with the Prime Minister’s vision to encourage the youth to understand and appreciate India's democracy.
- It will help to develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote the Indian heritage, culture, and knowledge system.
- The National Book Trust, India, as the implementing agency under MoE will ensure the phase-wise execution of the scheme under well-defined stages of mentorship.
- The young authors will be trained by eminent authors and mentors from 1st March to 31st August 2023.
Source : All India Radio