Interview Guidance Programme 2022 is available in ONLINE & OFFLINE Modes, from 26th March 2022.
Candidates who are selected for the personality test are usually 2.2 times, the number of vacancies, notified in the UPSC’s advertisement every year. If the Main Exam marks decide whether a candidate is in the Civil Services or not then it is the Interview score that actually determines, which of the service a candidate is likely to join finally. Therefore though the maximum interview marks are 275, but the interview plays a very crucial role in deciding whether a candidate can get his desired service or not.
Interview according to the UPSC is described to be a test of a candidate’s overall personality which includes analytical ability, lateral thinking, logical decision making etc. The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his/her intellectual qualities but also social traits and his/her interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, variety and depth of interests, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
The duration of the interview is typically 30 minutes +/- 5 minutes. The range of questions will include questions on hobby and their practical application, why he/she wishes to join the civil services, candidate’s opinion on current/historic issues, knowledge about candidate’s educational background, optional subject, issues of the state to which the candidate belongs to, international relations, current affairs etc. They may also provide situation based questions and seek the candidate’s opinion/response on the same.
The interview programme at Vajiram & Ravi begins one week after the Main Exam result is announced. The programme of Vajiram & Ravi consists of 2 Mock Interviews by a panel and a personal mock session.
The Interview Course at Vajiram& Ravi comprises of:
- Guidance on do’s and dont’s for the Interview
- Lectures on current national issues
- Lectures on current economic issues
- Lectures on current international issues
- 2 mocks and one personal mock sitting
Interview Classes After the Main Exam Result is Declared:
- DAF II Discussion Class by Mr. P.S. Ravindran - 20th March 2022, 5:30 P.M.
- How To Face The Interview by Mr. P.S. Ravindran - 22nd March 2022, 5:30 P.M.
- Current Affairs Updates for Interview Class I by Mr. Dipin Damodaran - 23rd March 2022, 5:30 P.M.
- Current Affairs Updates for Interview Class II by Mr. Dipin Damodaran - 24th March 2022, 5:30 P.M.
- Economic Issues Class by Mr. Shyam Sunder - 25th March 2022, 5:30 P.M.
Mock Session begins from 26th March 2022.
The Interview programme consists of two stages:
Stage 1: Scheduling Mock Interviews (two in number, held on two different days)
Stage 2: A Personal face to face sitting before the actual interview date at the UPSC.
How to schedule your Mock Interview & Personal sitting?
- Offline at Vajiram & Ravi’s office in person.
- Online by visiting https://vajiramias.com/upsc-interview-preparation-course/2022/ and schedule time and date.
Vajiram & Ravi’s Interview program is conducted FREE of cost.
Some of our panel members are:
- Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan IAS (Retd.) former Union Home Secretary
- Mr. Muktesh Chander IPS (Retd.) former Special Commissioner of Police, Delhi
- Mr. Frank Pereira, Journalist. Formerly of Big Picture, Rajya Sabha TV.
- Mr. Farooqui IAS (Retd.) former Secretary to Govt. of India
- Mr. Sanjay Srivastava IAS (Retd.)
- Prof. Amin Usta
- Mr. Madhavan Nambiar IAS (Retd.) former Secretary to Govt. of India
- Mr. Bhimal Julka IAS (Retd.) former Chief Information Commissioner, Madhya Pradesh
- Mrs. Shubra Mangal, Psychologist
- Mr. P.S.Ravindran, Director, Vajiram & Ravi
For any other Interview related query please email to email@example.com