About Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary:
- It was established in 1977.
- It is also known as Deer Park.
- Location: It is located near Santiniketan in Bolpur subdivision of Birbhum District of West Bengal.
- Area: 200 hectares
- Elevation: It has an average elevation of 56 meters.
- Flora: The sanctuary has dense local vegetation of Sal, Akashmoni, Sishoo, Cashewnut, Amlaki, Bahera and Haritaki.
- Fauna: The sanctuary has a deer conservation park which is home to a large number of deer including Cheethals (Spotted Deer) and the Blackbucks. Other animals include jackals, foxes and a variety of water birds.
- It is home to three large lakes which hosts a large number of migratory birds every year.
Q1) What is Santiniketan famous for?
Santiniketan is a popular tourist attraction of international repute. It is a famous cultural and heritage place of historical importance. Rabindranath lived here and penned many of his literary classics. It is also famous for its fairs and festivals like Poush Mela