The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), Government of India envisages celebrating World Environment Day 2023 with a thrust on the Mission LiFE.
About EIACP Programme:
- It is one of the Central Sector sub-scheme being implemented in alignment with Mission LiFE.
- The Environmental Information System (ENVIS) is renamed EIACP (Environmental Information, Awareness, Capacity Building and Livelihood Programme).
- ENVIS came into existence as a planned programme in 1983.
- It has been subsumed within the revamped scheme of Environment Education, Awareness, Research and Skill Development.
- ENVIS EIACP serves as a one-stop platform for the dissemination of environmental information, informed policy formulation on various facets of the environment and facilitation of alternate livelihoods through green skilling.
Key facts about Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment)
- It was first proposed by the Prime Minister of India at COP 26.
- It is envisioned as an India-led global mass movement that will nudge individual and collective action to protect and preserve the environment.
- The global movement will showcase sustainable goals and climate actions taken by countries and individuals around the world.
- It makes the fight against climate change democratic, in which everyone can contribute with their respective capacities.
- It emboldens the spirit of the P3 model, i.e. Pro Planet People.
- It functions on the basic principles of ‘Lifestyle of the planet, for the planet and by the planet’.
Q1) What is an environment?
The environment refers to the natural world, including the living organisms, their habitats, and the physical surroundings in which they exist. It encompasses everything around us, including the air, water, land, plants, animals, and ecosystems.