NITI Aayog recently launched India Climate Energy Dashboard (ICED) 3.0.
About India Climate Energy Dashboard (ICED) 3.0:
- It is the country’s one-stop platform for near real-time data on the energy sector, climate, and related economic datasets based on government published sources.
- It was developed by NITI Aayog in collaboration with the energy and climate think-tank Vasudha Foundation.
- Developed as a user-friendly platform, ICED 3.0 enables users to freely access and analyse datasets using an analytical engine.
- It will facilitate insights and enhance understanding about the energy and climate sectors while identifying the key challenges.
- The Portal will draw insights from the available data parameters and hence immensely useful in monitoring the progress of India's clean energy transition journey.
- This dashboard offers more than 500 parameters, over 2000 infographics, and a number of interactive visualizations, allowing users to gain a holistic understanding of India's energy sector.
- Besides energy and climate, the dashboard also offers information on economy and demography for comparative study and its combined analysis along with the energy and climate issues.
Q1) What is NITI Aayog?
NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India. It was founded on January 1, 2015, by the then Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. The acronym NITI stands for "National Institution for Transforming India."NITI Aayog is headed by the Prime Minister of India, who is also the Chairperson of the NITI Aayog. The Vice-Chairperson of NITI Aayog is appointed by the Prime Minister. NITI Aayog has a Governing Council, which is composed of the Chief Ministers of all the states and the Lieutenant Governors of all the Union Territories.