Vijayawada Railway Station was awarded the ‘Green Railway Station’ certification with the highest rating of Platinum by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
About Indian Green Building Council:
- The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) is part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) which was formed in the year 2001.
- It is India's Premier certification body.
- The council offers a wide array of services which include developing new green building rating programmes, certification services and green building training programmes.
- The council also organises Green Building Congress, its annual flagship event on green buildings.
- It is also among the 5 countries that are in the board of World Green Building Council discussing global issues at COP and similar global platforms.
- The rating is based on six environmental categories which include sustainable station facility, health, hygiene and sanitation, energy efficiency, water efficiency, smart and green initiatives and innovation and development.
- Headquarter: Hyderabad.
Q1) What is Confederation of Indian Industry?
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is one of the premier industry associations in India. It is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization that represents a diverse range of Indian businesses and industries. CII was established in 1895 and has played a significant role in the development of India's industrial and economic landscape.