About the RE-HAB Project
- Under this project, Bee-fences are created by setting up bee boxes in the passageways of elephants to block their entrance to human territories.
- It is a cost-effective way of reducing human-wild conflicts without causing any harm to the animals.
- It is an initiative of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) under the submission of the National Honey Mission.
Key facts of KVIC
- It is a statutory body established under the Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act, of 1956.
- The KVIC is charged with the planning, promotion, organisation and implementation of programmes for the development of Khadi and other village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.
- It works under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
Q1) What is Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme?
It is a central sector scheme launched in 2008 for the generation of employment opportunities through the establishment of micro-enterprises in rural as well as urban areas. The scheme is implemented by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) functioning as the nodal agency at the national level.