The Government recently launched the "Meri LiFE" (My Life) mobile application to empower young people and encourage their participation in tackling climate change.
About “Meri LiFE” app:
- The app is inspired by the concept of Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment), which was envisioned by the Prime Minister at COP 26.
- Aim: To promote mindful utilisation instead of wasteful consumption.
- The application will foster a nationwide movement for LiFE, demonstrating the power of citizens in saving the environment.
- Through this app, the impacts of simple actions in daily life can be understood, which can have a larger climate impact.
- Meri LiFE is a marketplace where young people can explore their interests, find Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability focused opportunities that match their interests, and sign up to act on issues that matter the most to them.
What is Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment)?
- It was launched by the Prime Minister on 20 October 2022 at Kevadia, Gujarat.
- The mission focuses on bringing about behaviour changes in individuals through simple and easy-to-do actions.
- It is envisioned as an India-led global mass movement that will nudge individual and collective action to protect and preserve the environment.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change is the nodal Ministry for national-level coordination and implementation of Mission LiFE.
- The global movement will showcase sustainable goals and climate actions taken by countries and individuals around the world.
- To monitor the progress of LiFE, the Ministry has developed two dedicated portals.
- The Mission LiFE Portal (missionlife-moefcc.nic.in): Allows open access to download over 100 creatives, videos, and knowledge materials created by the Ministry for LiFE.
- The Meri LiFE Portal (merilife.org): Enables ministries and institutions to upload event reports and track the progress of the mass mobilization drive.
Q1) What is Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment)?
It was launched by the Prime Minister on 20 October 2022 at Kevadia, Gujarat. The mission focuses on bringing about behaviour changes in individuals through simple and easy-to-do actions.