The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare recently hiked consultation charges and room rents under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
About Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS):
- It gives healthcare facilities to registered employees and pensioners of the Central Government of India.
- The enrolled members are provided reimbursement and cashless facilities under this scheme.
- Some of facilities offered under CGHS are: OPD treatment and medication costs, indoor treatment and/or investigations at government or CGHS empanelled hospitals, maternity and child health services and family welfare, medical consultation and dispensing medicines for AYUSH.
- It covers health care under different systems of medicine, such as Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda and Unani.
- CGHS beneficiaries can undergo treatment at any empanelled private hospital of their choice.
Q1) What is Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana subsumes the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS) and Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) and is also known as the AB-PMJAY scheme. Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme caters not only the poor but rural families too, which is why it is economically beneficial to the poor and destitute households in rural and urban areas.