The chief of SpaceX recently said that SpaceX may attempt a Starship rocket system launch in March.
About SpaceX Starship:
- Starship is a super-heavy-lift rocket and spacecraft built to carry immense cargo and numerous astronauts into deep space.
- Starship will be the world’s most powerful launch vehicle ever developed, with the ability to carry up to 150 metric tonnes to Earth orbit reusable and up to 250 metric tonnes expendable.
- Starship is the collective name for a two-component system consisting of the Starship spacecraft (which carries the crew and cargo) and the Super Heavy rocket.
- The rocket is made of stainless steel and runs on liquid methane.
- It is 164 feet (50 meters) tall and has a diameter of nine meters.
- Starship is intended to evolve into a fully reusable launch and landing system.
- The Starship launch system is powered by the Raptor engine, a reusable methalox staged-combustion engine.
- It is built by SpaceX, which is an American spacecraft manufacturer.
Q1) What is the Raptor engine?
The Raptor engine is a full flow staged combustion cycle (FFSCC) engine that runs on super chilled liquid oxygen and super chilled liquid methane (CH4), both of which will power SpaceX’s next-generation vehicle: Starship. The Raptor engine benefits from the highly advantageous FFSCC cycle, maximizing the impulse generated by a given amount of propellant