Ministry of Education (MoE) recently said they would write to all States to encourage aspirants to utilise the newly launched portal for exam preparation — SATHEE (Self Assessment Test and Help for Entrance Exams).
About SATHEE (Self Assessment Test and Help for Entrance Exams) Portal
- It is a new initiative by the Ministry of Education to provide a free learning and assessment platform for students.
- It will help students gain access to training and coaching for competitive examinations for free.
- The aim of the platform is to bridge the gap for students in society who are not able to afford the costly entrance exam guidance and coaching.
- It will have preparation materials for students in English, Hindi, and other regional languages of India so that students can prepare for exams like JEE and NEET.
- It will be useful for candidates who will be preparing for CAT, GATE, UPSC, etc. It will also allow candidates to gain experience in coaching centres.
- The platform will have videos made by the faculty members of IITs and IISC to help students prepare for the competitive examinations. The videos would also help students learn concepts and revise topics they are weak at.
- It makes use of an indigenously developed AI programme called Prutor, which was developed by IIT-Kanpur.
- SATHEE Features:
- Preparation material for entrance exams including JEE and NEET
- Video solutions in regional languages for entrance exams
- JEE and NEET entrance exam preparation ideas webinars
- Students' stories of struggles and achievement
- Solve with me sessions
- Motivational sessions
Q1) What is the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)?
NEET (UG) is one of the toughest medical entrance examinations conducted in India. NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate (MBBS/BDS/Ayush Courses) every year. As per Government of India, it is a mandated requirement to qualify NEET Exam to study medical courses in India and abroad. The single national level undergraduate medical entrance exam, NEET, is held every year for admission to 542 medical, 313 dental, 914 AYUSH, and 47 BVSc and AH colleges in India.